Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Best Fish Recipe

In honor of Beach week:

One of the best things in life is fishing. I remember as a teenager, I used to skip high school and go and buy chicken livers at the grocery store and fish with them with a bunch of guys and my friend Jenny. I come by it honest, both my mom and dad like to fish too. I long for the day that I move to the beach and fish for my husband’s supper. I was born with salt in my veins!









Often when I go to our family beach condo we will go fishing with the most gracious Captain Hunter Amor. He always sees we have a great time and most importantly that we catch our supper. On one of our last fishing expeditions, we caught sheepshead, red fish and flounder. It made a wonderful meal. Captain Armor gave us the greatest recipe for any salt water fish, that has a tender filet. It is a big hit with my family.









*To book a fishing expedition with Captain Hunter Armor, email me and I will give you his contact information. His fishing expeditions are from out from his home dock, which is just before the Perdido Key Bridge in Perdido Key, Florida (about a 15-20 minute drive from Orange Beach. Alabama).









The Best Fish Recipe

6-8 filets of salt water tender filets fish salt & pepper
Lemon wedges
½ cup mayonnaise
Olive oil
½ cup fresh Parmesan
Fresh diced tomatoes
Greek seasoning

Preheat oven to bake at 425 degrees. Clean filets and cut away any redness. Lay fish on an butter greased cookie sheet. Drizzle fish with olive oil, salt pepper, Greek seasoning. Squeeze lemons on fish. Bake fish for about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and mix together mayo and cheese in a small bowl. Spread that mixture generously on the fish filets. Top with diced tomatoes. Bake for an additional 7 -10 minutes. Do not let it over cook!!!

No comments: