Friday, February 13, 2009

Glenda's Punch


Every Thanksgiving my family goes to my cousin’s, Johnny & Glenda’s house.We have so much fun there in the country. I am sure that I have shared with many of you the festivities of the day: The Turkey toss competition in the front yard, Dirty Santa, hayrides, walking along the quarry at the base of the mountain, and of course-the eating-on that day it is considered a sport. When everyone arrives, there is always a table of appetizers and a big bowl of Glenda’s Punch. It is so addictive.
In honor of Johnny's seventh birthday, I post this in honor of him...celebration punch!

Glenda’s Punch
1 can pineapple juice
2 T citric acid
1 can Orange juice
1-2 liter Sprite
1 gallon Water
Food coloring (optional)
5 C sugar

Pour into a large container or plastic jug and freeze. To serve, add sprite and thaw until slushy. Serve.

3 comments:

Mari said...

I made a punch very similar to this a few weeks ago - it was delicious. I'm sure this is too. I haven't heard of citric acid - is there a name brand you buy and where would I find it in the store?

Becky said...

I am so excited I found your blog! I just finished looking over it and LOVE most all the recipes!

Wanda said...

What fun recipes, I think I would like to try the graham cracker one. I just put frosting on them and I thougt that was a quick sweet treat, But this promises more. Thanks. CHEERS