Friday, June 19, 2009

Shrimp Kabobs


Today is Foodie Friday! It is hosted by Designs by Gollum. Be sure to go by and see all of the participants of this most Tasty day of the week!
This is a recipe perfect for a backyard cookout. This one is light and one that my husband loves. It is for shrimp kabob's. I think I found the recipe off of the food network years ago.


Ingredients
40 (13 to 15 count size) shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 teaspoons kosher salt
5 tablespoons Irvine Spices Cajun Blackening Spice
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 red bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
2 white onions

Directions
8 long wooden skewers, soaked in water for about a half hour so they will not burn on the grill.

Heat your grill. In a mixing bowl, combine shrimp with salt, blackening seasoning and lemon juice. Set aside. Cut red peppers, yellow peppers and onions into 2-inch cubes and place on skewer in this order: red pepper, shrimp, red onion, shrimp, green pepper, shrimp, etc. Grill on all sides, brushing with marinade as it cooks. Let vegetables caramelize. Lightly blacken shrimp, being careful not to burn. It will probably grill for about 10 minutes ,depending on your grill temperature, which you do not want to high. Serve immediately.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try these for my husband...he loves anything blackened and he also loves shrimp. Thanks!

bj said...

Ummm...sounds and looks delicious. We will have to try this..thanks for the recipe..

Mary Bergfeld said...

A wonderful recipe for the grill. I've never seen that brand of seasoning before but I'll keep my eyes open. Have a wonderful weekend.

Kristen said...

Yummy! I love grilled shrimp :)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

this sounds perfect for this weekend... I am ready to grill! Happy Foodie Friday! Have a great weekend ~ Susan

Lori E said...

My husband loves prawns and such but I don't eat shellfish. I will have to pass this on to him.
I love your banner. The photograph really does it all justice. I think your grandfather must have been one heck of a host.

Chandy said...

Leigh, your kabobs are yum! Portable shrimp, now that's what I'm talking about! ;-)

You enjoy your vacation and bring back lots of fun memories! Hope your brought your camera! LOL

Unknown said...

I could eat shrimp everyday! Thanks for the recipe! Have a wonderful weekend!
~Really Rainey~

Unknown said...

I think we will have these next week - thanks for the recipe!

Kathleen said...

They look great! Perfect for Father's Day weekend, if it ever stops raining here!!