Monday, January 4, 2010

In-Laws Homemade Pizza

Last Sunday my brother in law, "The Artist" and his wife, Mida hosted their annual Christmas movie night at their home. Each year my family piles up in the van along with my mother in law and heads west to Tuscaloosa to take in Christmas movies and some of the best food (prepared by my BIL and SIL) at the T-Town Bratina's home.This year we watched the movie Fred Claus. I had never seen it before. I thought it was very cute. On the menu was homemade pizza's. My favorite is the goat cheese and vegetable (black olive, green, red and yellow peppers, onion) and fresh basil:













Mida and the Artist made five different pizza's, all with various and different toppings. They use a marinara sauce on some, (storebought) alfredo bottled alfredo sauce on some, on on others, they mix the sauces toegther. YUM!  This one is the supreme:












Mida has perfected her homemade pizza crust and The artist has done the same for his homemade pizza sauce. They shared with me their recipes, to have post here at Plates and Places.

-----------------------------------------

Pizza Crust

3 C flour
1 envelope yeast (+water amount on pkg)
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt (to taste)
1 Tbsp (or more) olive oil

In a bowl, add olive oil to flour. Mix well. Prepare yeast according to package. Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Add sugar to the yeast mix. Add yeast mix to flour. Mix well.  Form to a ball. Prepare crust by stretching or kneeding to pizza pie size.

--------------------------------------
Pizza Marinara

1 large can tomato puree
dry basil, oregano, parsley to season
1 tsp. sugar
parmesan cheese (will thicken sauce)
salt to taste.

Bring all ingredients to a boil in skillet. Simmer. Taste to adjust seasonings.

For pizza, top marinara, and pizza toppings onto Pizza crust. Back until cheese is golden brown.


***Linking up to Designs by Gollum, Foodie Friday. Thanks Michael for being such a delightful host!

7 comments:

Mari said...

Oh Yum! This may just get me to make homemade pizza!

Jennifer said...

Those look fantastic!!! I wish I had the energy to cook! Happy New Year!!!

bj said...

Ummm...I love pizza..but have never made a homemade one. We just add tons of veggies to the frozen ones and think we are eating good! If I made one like this, we'd never go back to the frozen ones! :)
Thanks so much...

Rattlebridge Farm said...

I LOVE homemade pizza. There's no going back. Your pictures are making me hungry!

honeysuckle said...

I love homemade pizza and we, too, made almost this same one during the holidays. Yours looks so yummy and I can almost smell that wonderful flavor!

Thibeault's Table said...

Great looking Pizza.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What wonderful looking pies and what a wonderful family tradition. Have a great day.