Friday, June 4, 2010

Angel Hair with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil (Capelli d`Angelo con Pomodorini e Basilico)

It's summertime....and in the summer I prefer something light to eat, which is why I love Capelli d`Angelo con Pomodorini e Basilico...... or  the english version of that ......Angel Hair with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil. It's a dish that even my kids can appreciate, especially when I send them into the garden to pick their own tomatoes and basil! I think you will enjoy it too!
















Angel Hair with Cherry Tomatoes and Basil (Capelli d`Angelo con Pomodorini e Basilico)

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4-6


Ingredients
1/4 cupExtra virgin olive oil
2 cloves peeled Garlic
1 teaspoon Red pepper
2 pints cut in halves Cherry tomatoes (or fresh off the vine if you're lucky enough)
5 leaves Basil
to taste Salt
1 package Angel Hair
1/2 cup Pecorino dolce or fresh shaved Parmesan

HEAT olive oil in skillet. Peel and gently press garlic. Add garlic and pepper. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and tear basil into small pieces. Add cherry tomatoes and basil. Simmer for five minutes. Season with salt. Discard garlic cloves. COOK pasta according to the directions. Drain and toss with sauce. Garnish with freshly grated pecorino.
*For my own personal touch, I will drizzle some balsamic vinegar over the top of my dish for an extra little kick. You can serve this dish as we do as a main dish, or as a side compliment to something like grilled flank steak, which makes a nice pairing. Another nice way of kicking this dish up is roasting the cherry tomatoes.....delish!

For more Foodie Friday participants, visit my friend Michael Lee at Designs by Gollum.

2 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

Nothing like mixing a Caprese salad and pasta- my two favorite things!
xoxo Pattie

Susan said...

Leigh! I just picked TONS of grape tomatoes this week and used half of them up on this recipe! Thanks!!!