Monday, June 28, 2010

Black and Blueberry Cobbler

With sunscreen and sunhat in check, I recently headed to Jemison's Petal's from the Past to hand pick both black berries and blue berries. It was hot.....but it was worth it. After sampling quite close to near as much as I picked, I had myself a proper amount for a summer fresh cobbler.
As soon as I pulled it from the oven, I turned aorund to find three children and "Big Daddy" with spoons in hand, ready for a bite.
And so it wasn't until I scooped out cobbler into bowls that I realized....I needed a photo. One where you could almost taste it.
















Can you almost taste it?

And it was easy peasy to make. So easy, no one will know that shortcuts were taken.

Leigh's Easy Black and Blue Berry Cobbler

1 cup sugar
1/4 C corn starch
1/2 C real butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1 package (2 sheets) refrigerated pic crust (I used Publix brand, but any will do fine)
3 Cups berries, what ever you want. I used a combination of black and blue berries because they were plentiful
2 Tbsp sugar to sprinkle on top

* Stir together sugar, cornstarch, melted butter and vanilla (reserving the 2 tbsp sugar for later)
*gently fold in berries

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish. Lie one of the pie crust into the dish. Depending on the dish, you may need to roll it out some to fit better. Allow it to come up on sides. Spoon in the berries. Then cover with the second crust, you can crimp the edges. I actually unfolded the crust and took a cookie cutter and cut out heart shapes and put them atop the berries.  Sprinkle 2 Tbsp sugar onto of pie crust. Bake for 45 minutes, checking for doneness after 35. Should be bubbly from sides.

















DEEEEEE-licious!

No comments: