Monday, March 12, 2012

Banana Bread



Overripe Banana's = Tonight's Banana Bread. My family  just loves this treat. I think they intentionally avoids the banana's  so I'll make this bread.


And its sooo easy...


Banana Bread Recipe
Ingredients
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour


Directions: No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Yield: Makes one loaf.



Tonight's Dessert, tomorrows breakfast!
 

1 comment:

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
This is my first time on your sweet blog. Your food looks so Yummy!! Im your newest follower on your blog now. I hope you can come over and join my Tablescapes. I also hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane