Monday, December 17, 2007

Boiled Cookies



So, fellow bloggers Jenny Hope and Abbey Lane (Not to be confused with Abbey Road) have been talking about peanut butter balls and white trash. It got me motivated to begin the Christmas cooking. Tonight I began with Boiled Cookies. I got hooked on these when my cousin Gina made them for a 4-H competition at Montevallo. I almost ate all of the product. She got a ribbon, though I cannot recall what one. In any case, it is a blue one in my book. They are easy to make (if you can boil water you can make these), use few ingredients, and taste so good!


*These cookies are perfect for Christmas cooking but I got to thinking when I took the picture, you could use these as theme cookies, at Halloween, they would be great for Ghost poop cookies or in the fall on a hayride, cow patties. I know I have a sick mind. These really are delicious and good! Give them a try!


Boiled Cookies
1/2 cup milk 1/2 Cup peanut butter
1 stick margarine 1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 Tablespoon Cocoa 2 Cups quick oatmeal
In a saucepan, combine milk, margarine, sugar and cocoa. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon onto wax paper in spoonfuls. Allow to cool. (I keep mine in the refrigerator).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ghost poop cookies? You are hysterical, girl!!! That is so funny. Hey, when my mom gets here, we're making peanut butter balls (crunchy peanut butter) and homemade chocolat pies!! And she makes an awesome homemade banana pudding that is to die for! I gotta psyche myself for eating in moderation for the next week! I hope you have a very blessed and joyous Christmas with your husband, children and family. Great having you for a blog friend!!

Anonymous said...

i am so going to have to try this

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Jenny Hope-they are SOOOOOO good!
Abbey-The creative juices were flowing...and it was late!Abbey-one more thing. I am going to meed directions to your house so I can come and eat! It sounds delicious!!