Sunday, December 23, 2007

Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Haystacks






My husband and mother in law own a tutoring business called Discovering Minds (
www.discoveringminds.com) . The parent of a student brought haystacks in as a Christmas gift for Tuiren. Tuiren was kind enough to share them with me as we watched an Alabama basketball game at the colesieum. I have always the traditional butterscotch haystacks, but these were made with vanilla bark and peanut butter. Another difference, in the traditional ones is these do not have Chinese noodles but instead rice crispies. This version is so light. Needless to say, I did what I had to do, I horded the rest of the stacks to myself.

*I made these (in the photo) to take to my mother's house on Christmas Day.



Peanut Butter Stacks
1 package vanilla bark 1 C peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
2 C party peanuts 3 C mini marshmallows
4 C rice crispy cereal

Melt vanilla bark according to directions on package. Stir in peanut butter. Add peanuts rice crispies and marshmallows. Crop on wax paper and allow to set.

No comments: