Friday, January 2, 2009

Mama Joy's Spicy Pretzels




Joy's Spicy Pretzels
This recipe came from my good friend, who I like to call "Mama Joy". This is a great snack, low in saturated fat. It is perfect for all those bowl games...and men who will be sitting around the house tuning in.

1 pound bag of small Pretzels or Pretzel sticks
1/2 cup oil more oil if you like them really rich
1 package hidden valley ranch dressing
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper ( red pepper )
(Leigh's tip- I added a little Lemon pepper as my own secret ingredient for a bit more "bite")

in measuring cup oil, ranch dressing mix, garlic salt, cayenne pepper
mix till dissolved....

Spread pretzels in roasting pan. Pour mixture over them. Bake in oven 200 degrees stirring every 15 to 20 minutes for two hours. Turn off oven. Allow to sit an hour. Put in bowl or Tupperware ..... and enjoy!

1 comment:

Bama Belle said...

We love these and have a batch made for today! I first learned to make them at a church function and they are perfect for a crowd and football!
I will cut back on the cayenne for the batch I make for the children, and they are just as good.
I got an order from Kay at Home Plate Cooking for CHRISTmas and they were fantastic!
Keep the recipes coming, you know I love them!