Thursday, March 11, 2010

Marinated Carrots

This would be a nice side dish to serve at your Easter dinner table. It's one that I eat year round. I would eat these over sweet any day. That good.

Marinated Carrots

1-2 bag baby carrots, or to fancy it up, use long peeled carrots. That makes a gorgeous presentation
1/2 c Vinegar
1/2 c Oil
Chopped sweet onion & chopped green Pepper
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
Kosher Salt & Pepper to taste


Boil carrots for 10 minutes, making sure that they do not get to soft. When carrots are done, drain and then put into an ice bath to stop cooking process. While carrots cook and then chill, whisk together next five ingredients in a bowl. Add carrots and then chill for several hours. Serve using a slotted spoon or plate with one for presentation.Add Kosher salt and pepper before serving.

For more Foodie Friday contributants, visit my sweet friend Michael at Designs by Gollum.

7 comments:

Mari said...

PS - I like the new look!

Mari said...

I've never seen anything like this, looks great!

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh, yum, Leigh!! I'm saving this one!
xoxo Pattie

Barbara said...

Leigh, Roy and I would love these carrots, so I will cope the recipe.

Did you change you look a little?

Barbara

Pat@BPM said...

These look wonderful, Leigh.

Helen said...

I am partial to anything orange (in the food groups) and these sound unique ++ delicious!

MrsJenB said...

They look just wonderful. I find that I love carrots when they're cooked right - and I happen to have some in my fridge right now! Hmmm...

Thank you for sharing on Foodie Friday so I could find these! :-)