Friday, June 3, 2011

Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp

This is a dish that my family loves when the temperatures get hot. It's light and full of flavor! I hope your family enjoys it as well!

(Photo Credit, Anna Williams)

Angel Hair with Spicy Shrimp.
Serves 4

3/4 lb angel hair pasta or spaghetti (cooked accord to package)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves, garlic, chopped
1 lb frozen peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed (or fresh)
3/4 c dry white wine
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
kosher salt
2 Tbsp butter

1. Heat oil in a large skittet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute (do not allow to brown).Add shrimp, wine, red pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt. Simmer until shrimp are pink (2-3 minutes). Stir in butter until melted.
2. Toss pasta with shrimp and serve.

2 comments:

Bren said...

greetings... i blog hopped in here via foodie friday.. and i LOVE your blog style and recipes.. i am your newest follower,

Bren

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I found your link at foodie friday also. I fix a very similar dish but I've never put the red pepper flakes in it. Next time I'll try it.