Friday, November 26, 2010

Baked Ham and Cheese Mini Sandwiches

Thanksgiving was yesterday. Iron Bowl today. That's a whole lot of eating. And for that reason, I decided to go small on portions, but not on taste for my Iron Bowl menu. On the menu today...Mini Ham and Cheese Sandwiches (I even added some leftover turkey to the sandwiches), homemade salsa, trail mix, and chex mix. I decided to make the sandwiches because of the leftover rolls and ham and turkey we had on hand. It made for some delicious snacks. Here is my recipe for the Ham & Cheese Sandwiches.....I know you're gonna love them!

Ingredients
• ¾ sticks Butter
• 2 tsp minced garlic
•  Dijon Mustard
•2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
• ½ Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
• 1 package King's Hawaiian Rolls
• 12 slices Honey Baked Ham
• 12 slices Provolone Cheese (or whatever you have on hand, today I used swiss)
  • 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar (optional) I dont add bc I like them more savory.

Preparation Instructions
Melt butter (& sugar if using) in a saucepan and then add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic and poppy seeds.
Brush the bottom of a 13 x9 inch baking dish with some of the glaze mixture.

Cut the entire package of rolls in half horizontally and brush the inside of each roll with the glaze.
Now add a slice of ham and a slice of cheese to each roll as well as a small dollap of dijon mustard.

Place them in the baking dish and brush the tops with the remaining glaze mixture. Cover the rolls tightly with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes

1 comment:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I think you posted this recipe last year (maybe on TFB?) and I have made it a few times - IT IS DELISH!! and everyone loved it...thanks!